Tofu salad, light, high in protein, and super flavorful. It is an easy-to-make recipe made with simple ingredients in just 30 minutes.
This tofu salad is one of my go-to recipes whenever I feel like eating something light, easy, but delicious at the same time. It is so flavorful and easy to make it’ll surely become a staple on your table!
As it is made with tofu, this wonderful salad is high in protein and you can customize it with your favorite ingredients. Go ahead and get creative! Feel free to use what you have on hand.
How to make tofu salad
- Mixall thetofu marinade ingredientsin a mixing bowl untilwell combined.
- Addthetofu cubesand let themmarinatecovered in thefridgefor at least15 minutes.
- Drainthetofubut don’t discard the marinade.
- Heattheoilin askilletandsautéethetofuovermedium-high heatuntil golden brown.
- Pourthemarinade liquidinto abowlwith thecornstarchandmixuntilwell combined.Incorporatethesauceinto theskilletyou had the tofu andcookuntil itthickens.
- Toassemblethetofu salad,addthelettuce,cherry tomatoes,corn kernels,avocado, andsesame seedsto alarge mixing bowl.
- Thenincorporatethe cookedmarinated tofu,pourthedressingover the top, andtoss it together.
- Serveyourtofu saladimmediately.
Ingredients and tips
- Firm tofu: firm or extra firm tofu work best for this tofu salad recipe. Soft or silken tofu is not a good choice as it will fall apart easily.
- Soy sauce or tamari: I used soy sauce, but tamari is a good gluten-free alternative. If you don’t consume soy, coconut aminos is a great substitute. You could also add the same amount of water orvegetable stock再加点盐。
- Apple cider vinegar: you could also use white vinegar or lemon juice instead.
- Maple syrup: feel free to customize your recipe with your favorite type of sweetener. Agave syrup is the best alternative, though.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- Oil: I used extra virgin olive oil, but any type is okay, such as sesame oil.
- Cornstarch: feel free to use any other type of starch instead. You could also omit it, but your sauce won’t have the same texture, it will be more watery.
- Romaine lettuce: any type of lettuce will do, or even other leafy greens.
- Cherry tomatoes: use any type of tomatoes you have on hand.
- Corn kernels.
- Sesame seeds: this ingredient is completely optional.
- Tahini dressing: or any other dressing, like ourvinaigretteor ourpoppy seed dressing.
How to marinate tofu for salad
Marinating tofu for salad is quite easy and simple and there’re a lot of ways of doing so. However, to prepare my tofu for this tofu salad I used soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup, among other ingredients.
Looking for more easy tofu recipes?
Did you make this tofu salad recipe?Print
For the marinated tofu:
- 14 ozfirm tofu (400 g), cubed
- 2 tbspsoy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbspapple cider vinegar
- 1 tbspmaple syrup
- 1 tspgarlic powder
- 1 tsponion powder
- 1 tbspoil, I used extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbspcornstarch
For the tofu salad:
- 5 cupsromaine lettuce (250 g), chopped
- 1 cupcherry tomatoes (150 g), chopped
- ½ cupcanned corn kernels (80 g), you can also use them frozen
- 1avocado, sliced
- 2 tspsesame seeds (optional)
- 1batch oftahini dressing
- Incorporate the tofu cubes and let them marinate covered in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. If you let them marinate for a longer period of time, they will have a more intense flavor.
- Drain the tofu but don’t discard the marinade. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sautée the tofu over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the marinade liquid into a bowl with the cornstarch and mix until well combined. Pour the sauce into the skillet you had the tofu and cook until it thickens. Set aside.
- Then add the cooked marinated tofu, pour the dressing over the top, and toss it together.
- Serve your tofu salad immediately.
- Feel free to customize this tofu salad recipe with any type of vinegar, sweetener, or oil you want.
- 我用了酱油，但日本酱油是一种很好的无麸质替代品。如果你不吃大豆，椰子氨基酸是一个很好的替代品。You could also add the same amount of water orvegetable stock再加点盐。
- Any other dressing will do, like ourvinaigretteor ourpoppy seed dressing.
- Of course, you could incorporate any veggies that you have on hand, such as chopped pepper, cucumber, or even carrot.
- Serving Size:1/4 of the recipe
- Sugar:7 g
- Sodium:477 mg
- Fat:18.8 g
- Saturated Fat:3.6 g
- Carbohydrates:20.5 g
- Fiber:6.3 g
- Protein:11.7 g